Monday, April 27, 2020

+7: No Trading Commission

I do not know when it began but when I came back to the stock market I was surprised to find that I am not charged commision for trading stocks. This is a power offered to the  the individual stock investor or trader I frankly speaking never expected it to be with other than the financial institutions. Except for cents taken when one cells shares, as exchange fee or whatever, this power can be used here to take profit no matter how low it is and it would be the same profit regardless of the number of trades. I do not know how brokerage firms are making money this way. Still, believe it or not, you may even get a "thank you for your order" message as if you bought something from them. I just wanted to point this out for whoever does not know. I do not know how many new branches Scottrade did open using the proceeds from charging me not only its regular $7 trade commission but an additional 1/2 percent of the principal amount if I buy stocks under $1.     

No comments:

Post a Comment